Francisco Villacreces, Esq.
email@example.com (305) 299-0668
Admissions: Florida Bar #94329
Licenses: Admitted to practice before the State Courts of Florida and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Education: St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D. (2011); Florida International University, B.B.A. (2002)
Languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese
Prior to becoming an attorney I was a professional in the Hospitality Industry in Miami with experience in the management of hotel operations and hotel development projects for The Mutiny Hotel, Radisson, Club Med and Flag Luxury Properties brands. My legal profession began as a certified legal intern at the Law Offices of the Public Defender Carlos Martinez, where I had the opportunity to support the Public Defender’s office in felony crimes cases at the Miami-Dade Criminal Justice System. After receiving my license with the Florida Bar I started my legal practice to provide legal services to individuals and businesses. My legal experience covers several industries: agriculture, construction, commercial real estate development, criminal, health care, energy and fuel, manufacturing, motor vehicle safety and securities.
Notable cases include:
* MGM / Amazon Merger Second request review – Merger closed on March 2022, Amazon acquired MGM in a 8.5 Billion deal.
* In Re: Farm Raised Salmon and Salmon Products Antitrust Litigation – Class action lawsuit between buyers of Fresh Salmon Products in the United States and sellers of Fresh Salmon Products in Norway claiming that sellers violated Federal Antitrust laws.
* In Re to Blue Cross Blue Shield Antitrust Litigation – Multiple District Litigation class action lawsuit between Medical Suppliers / Providers against the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and the Blue Cross Blue Shield licensees through the United States claiming that BCBS entities violated Federal Antitrust laws
* In Re Petrobras Securities Litigation – Federal Securities class action lawsuit filed against Petrobras and other parties for violation of Federal Securities Law. Case settled in March 2018 for 3 Billion Dollars, the biggest damages awarded to a class action lawsuit against a foreign issuer of securities in U.S. corporate history.
* Varner et al. v. Dometic Corporation – Product liability class action lawsuit filed against Dometic Corporation, manufacturers of refrigerators for mobile home use.
* Second requests reviews related to subpoenas issued by the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) related to antitrust law and mergers and acquisitions in the manufacturing, retail and healthcare industries.
* Internal investigations related to corporate compliance of anti-corruption laws in the energy and fuel, and agriculture industries.
- Plaintiff and Defendant
- Business Law
- Limited Liability Company
- Contract Law
- Estate Planing
- Power of Attorney